Applications are no longer being accepted for the 55th Annual Bluff Art Show.
55th Annual Show
Oct. 6, 2018, 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
The Bluff Park Art Association invites artists to apply to exhibit and sell their work at the Annual Bluff Park Art Show. Apply at www.juriedartservices.com
Application And Fees
Applications to the 55th Annual Bluff Park Art Show must be submitted online at:
Entry Deadline – May 1st, 2018, Midnight CDT
Late Deadline- May 2nd, 2018- May 15th, 2018, Midnight CDT ($30 additional fee)
A non-refundable fee of $40 is required for each application. This may be paid either online through PayPal or by check.
Make checks payable and mail to:
Bluff Park Art Association
P. O. Box 26012
Birmingham, AL 35260
Artists must electronically submit three artwork images representative of the work to be exhibited and one booth image of a collection of work to be exhibited.
Media categories are:
For more information email email@example.com. or call 205-966-0246. Your submitted application is considered a commitment to show, if accepted.
Accepted exhibitors will submit one piece the day of the show to be judged in the competition. This particular work may not exceed 48 inches in height or width. Cash awards in excess of $8,000 will be awarded, including the $3,500 Bluff Park Art Association Purchase Award. This winning work will be added to the Association’s Permanent Collection. The recipient of this award will automatically receive an invitation to exhibit in the following year’s show.
DATES TO REMEMBER
ENTRY DEADLINE: May 1st, 2018
Late Application Deadline: May 15th, 2018
NOTIFICATION DATE: June 13th, 2018
SHOW DATE: Oct. 6, 2018. (Rain Date: Following day/Sunday).
TIME: Your booth must be open 9 am to 5 pm.
LOCATION: Bluff Park Community Center, 517 Cloudland Drive, Hoover, AL 35226.
SHOW CHAIR (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Artists may check in either the day before the show from noon until 5 pm or on show day from 6 am until 8:30 am. Your exhibit must be ready when the show begins at 9 am Saturday.
• Exhibit space will be assigned in a park setting. Please note that spaces will be on unleveled grass terrain. Each artist is responsible for his or her own display, which must be Staffed by the artist at all times during the show hours. Volunteers will be available to assist for short periods of time.
• Only original fine art may be exhibited. Commercially manufactured items or items made from commercial kits or molds are unacceptable. Photo-offset or digital reproductions of the artist’s original work may not be displayed or sold. This will be strictly enforced. (This includes T-shirts)
• The Association reserves the right to prohibit the display of any work which it determines at its discretion is without redeeming social value or work that is inconsistent with submitted images.
• Artists must present only their own work in their assigned space.
• All artists will transact their own sales and are responsible for complying with the state and local sales tax regulations. A 20% commission will be collected from each artist by the association at the end of the show. This is in lieu of a booth fee.